Free School Meals
Universal free school meals are available to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. This has been a statutory requirement since September 2014. Whilst all pupils in these year groups will be provided with a free school meal, it is important that, if you think you are eligible to receive a free school meal, you continue to apply to the Lincolnshire Local Authority.
You can apply here: https://lcc.cloud.servelec-synergy.com/SynergyWeb/Parents/default.aspx
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at Key Stages 2-4 will continue as they do now, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
There will be no change to the process for applying for free school meals. Families receiving a qualifying benefit must continue to apply to Lincolnshire County Council.