Skegness Infant Academy is committed to ensuring equality of provision we are for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life. We aim to provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement.
To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To ensure the academy’s school environment is as accessible as possible to pupils, staff and visitors to the school.
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to access to breakfast club, after-school clubs, activities and enrichment opportunities.
- To narrow the gap between the attainment of boys and girls at the end of Key Stage 1.
- To ensure that all pupils make progress well including vulnerable groups.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To allow equal access to information for all parents.
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- To ensure that displays are reflective of the academy community.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
To find out more about the Equalities Act 2010 please click here.
To find out more about the Public Sector Equality Duty click here.